Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Sunday 13 July 2014

Posted       Edit Entry
Jewitchery And Jewishness

JN at Jewesses With Methodology wrote:

Jewitches and Jew-U's in addition shatter the wrapping up that persons who do not pick out with the status-quo are Jewishly unaffiliated.

But here's a query to consider: would a Jewitch or a Jew-U trudge indoors a synagogue and pick out herself as Jewish? Or is her Jewish "self" solely brazen in persons seats occupied by persons who assemble the self-same come into being of pluralistic recognition identity? Is contemporary a accident that many of these Jewitches and Jew-U's may well, in fact, form preside over themselves and find observance in campaigner Jewish seats but are under the wrapping up that such seats don't exist? Lawful how similar or affable are these blended identities? Are the Jewitch and Jew-U communities a socio-cultural-spiritual mania, or are they, in fact, transforming religion entirely?

JN asks if a Jewitch would go indoors a synagogue and pick out herself as Jewish - and the contradict is, for limit of us, along with in person - genuine. In fact, my method in Jewitchery easily EVOLVED from my traditional study of Jewish kabbalah from a Chassidic perspective.

Not all Jewitches practice traditional Wicca divorced from traditional Judaism. I don't. I do in spite of everything, enter elements of Celtic witchcraft and Area American shamanism (each in addition in the company of my natural ancestries the length of with my Jewish line) indoors my traditional Jewish kabbalistic practice and study. I love creature a Jewitch! It's a life-enhancing join of all that I am.

Can I be "perfect" in a campaigner Jewish space? By chance. By chance not. In some ways, fount I am campaigner and reconstructionist. On the other hand, I am impartially Chassidic in view. Furthermost of my kabbalistic study and understanding is based in Chassidic knowledge. I in addition don't "dress" very campaigner. For genre, I wear yearn for (as a matter of course black or dark) skirts be the owner of to a advanced traditional way. I in addition wear a Jewitch pentacle and/or a Jewish star the length of with a witch's pentacle - neither campaigner nor benchmark. So, in some ways, my Jewish practice is urgent from each campaigner and benchmark practice.

Are Jewitches changing religion entirely? I don't desire so. My embryonic method in Jewitchery is in no way a likelihood to my Judaism. Jewitchery does, in spite of everything, define "for me" what it concentrate to be a Jew "mortally" rewarding the mitzvah to liven up the sparks of sanctity dwelling within my charge. I see Jewitchery as an individuating transfer and development of the Transcendent Feminine element within the Shechinah. Transforming religion? No. Transformative of feminine consciousness? Yes.

Technorati tags: Torah Talmud Torah Judaism Kabbalah jewish spirituality spirituality jewish meditation meditation shamanism jewish shamanism kabbalah iyunit kabbalah maasit jewitchery jewitch jewish living thing sacred feminine divine feminine shechinah lilith spiritual transfer spirituality kosher spirituality

Reference: just-wicca.blogspot.com