Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Thursday 15 January 2009

Posted       Edit Entry
Godsgoddesses Looking For The God 2 Are Not Enough And 3 Makes A Crowd
I guess I should start by saying I don't believe in personal gods - but I feel very strongly about duality and I believe in energies to which my gods are a personification. I started worshipping one Goddess, Sekhmet... I'm not sure if it was her who found me or me being obsessed because I loved her when I first heard about her, instantly. The only problem was - I couldn't find a God. Because Sekhmet has the qualities of a God rather than a Goddess not only I couldn't find a God good enough to beat her at being a God - moreover she didn't seem to fit into the Goddess archetype at all. Not that I wanted her to, but I needed one, her polar opposite. And then I realized that Sekhmet was the GOD not the Goddess and almost instantly as I though of it, Bastet came to my mind as her counterpart. In the Egyptian pantheon they're sisters, one associated with the sun and other with the moon. Their cult was at one point fused, making them two parts of one thing, perfect duality to me. Even if my Gods are actually Goddesses they make a perfect duality and representation of the energy as I experience it. But I still feel that I'm missing something crucial and need the God... yet moving my two patron Goddesses out of their positions doesn't work, doesn't feel right at all. And I can't connect with the Maiden-Mother-Crone idea at all. Having three gods doesn't work, I don't believe in numbers 1 and 3, everything in nature comes in 2s. Has any of you ever felt this way and if so how did it end for you? Are you still looking for the missing piece(s)? Statistics: Posted by Soni - Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:24 pm