Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Saturday 4 August 2012

Posted       Edit Entry
Praying Without Personal Encounter With God
Dear Holly,The main thing I'm still struggling with is prayer time. I am reading "Full of Grace" by Johnnette Benkovic. It is also stresses the importance of prayer. She mentions vocal prayer, meditative prayer, and contemplative prayer. Here's my problem. I love to read. I'm always reading a spiritual book, like "Full of Grace" and have no trouble reading the Bible. However, I don't feel like I'm really spending time with God. My favorite way to pray is to go before the Blessed Sacrament, but somehow this hasn't happened. I need to make a solid schedule for adoration read the Bible, check) but I don't feel like I'm growing closer to God. Mass, adoration & confession, reading the Bible, and vocal prayer (like the Rosary) are the only ways I know in which to grow closer to God. Other than just talking to God, which I haven't been doing because I get so distracted (so that is why I'd rather just journal to Him).

Reference: ceremonial-magic.blogspot.com