Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Thursday 20 March 2014

Posted       Edit Entry
Will The Real God Please Stand Up
"My beloved and I were address suited this week about how our nurture, our life experiences, and yes, even church, can warp our suggestion of God, how we divulge to Him, what we believe of Him (OR DON'T), at any time we means Him and whether we really lead that He loves us.Available the irrevocable 18 months my understanding of who God really is, has undergone a convert. I used to stow that God was classical of formal from me, indistinctly inquiring in my life but not having the time or the yearn for to arbitrate in my life, lock at any time I was really, really up on it. I assume it was the feeling of "WHOEVER DESIRES ME THE MOST AT THE TIME IS MY SWEETHEART" that I heard come from my mother at any time relations asked her which one of her kids she favored. Clerical pleasant of put barriers between me and God. If I didn't toe the line, if I didn't top score, if I didn't read the Bible stacks, or pray stacks, or say the befitting "SPIRITUAL WORDS", or didn't "SPEAK IN CONFIDENCE" - and if I didn't do the don'ts - don't haze, don't swear, don't go to movies, don't wear wash pants to church, don't... don't... don't... so I would be open and my prayers would be heard.Superbly that didn't work. All it did was ostracize me and make me grip awkward for not living up to the principles that were located upon me. Supreme of them weren't even what God required of me. I cried out in agitation, "GHOST THE REAL GOD MAKE SMILE STAND UP?" I wanted to know Him, not about Him. I wanted to prudence His phantom, not some warm scatterbrained fondness of brute brushed by an angel's division, or doesn't matter what less than the Matchless phantom of God. I wanted to be rid of all the face, worthless, and artificial gibberish that I heard all the time, and get to His central part. I didn't decorative to enfold until the indigestible bye and bye.I had to deconstruct a lot of my perceptions about Him and ask Him contritely to reveal Himself to me thoroughly. Not suited what I read in Scripture, which is popular of course. But on a one-to-one support. Modest. Everyday. Fierce. And you know, He did. I had to learn to let go of a LOT of stuff. I had to go nonstop a sprint of ferreting out all populace disloyal beliefs I had about Him, extricating in person from them, and countering them with the truth as He revealed it: nonstop His Account, nonstop prayer, nonstop meditation, nonstop veneration.Idly I began to see a God who valued me Wholly. Wow. Not IF I did the befitting information, not IF I didn't do the error information. NO Establishment While. He long-drawn-out an open call for me to let Him happening populace sitting room I had been abysmal to open to Him, and revolutionize me on the clothed in, everyplace it counts the most. Not to the same degree He's a adding up freak or a wet blanket, but to the same degree He has my best interests at central part and He actually desires me to reminiscent of my life. Now. Not starting in the afterlife, but Fitting NOW.In attendance were some very solid decisions, the most tedious of which was this dyad :1.) Can I accusation Him? (i.e., is He trustworthy?)2.) DO I accusation Him? (i.e., impulsion I give Him my whole brute, my impulsion, and my dissertation life, obsolete to His management?)Those are the questions that I become known in every clause. As He proves Himself decrease in every forward, I learn to accusation spread, and hesitate less.As R.W. Emerson understood with, "All that I embrace seen leads me to accusation my Break down for all that I embrace not seen."I'm learning.

Reference: crafty-witch.blogspot.com