Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Saturday 24 March 2012

Posted       Edit Entry
Class That Would Be Good For Gathering Profession
I was thinking of rolling a new toon just for the purpose of going out and gather. I am pretty open to all classes, like them all (and actually probably rolled every class, just not really played all of them). Right now my main ones are a hunter, warlock and mage. Though for all of them, I like playing in BG, so I level them to the upper level of there bracket, then hang out and play for a while (so at times I am mostly in BG instead of out gathering, since I don't want to level up yet). Also the professions I picked are Engineering & Minning, Herbalism and Alchemy, and Tailoring and Enchanting.

Ok so I was thinking playing another toon, maybe not one I will level super high just yet, but one I will get to like the 20's (not too hard) and let him get out and do some mining and herbalism.

So I was thinking what class would be best. A palidian maybe cause they have good with dealing with alot of mobs at once (but I think they only get good at that at level 40, that might take a while). A shadow priest, so I can fear anything, get my stuff, and run away (though since they wear cloth, would they be a little weak for this). A warrior, cause there pretty tough (but not too experienced with them, not sure how life is when soloing). A rouge, just to sneak in and sneak out. Then I think the class probably has to be good in terms of dealing with more than one mob.

So what would be a good class?

Thanks. If you want to gather, i suggest druid or shaman. catform with talents or ghost wolf at level 20 will get you places faster up until level 40. once you get to level 40 all mounts are the same speed. however, druids get flight form at level 68 i believe. so you'll be flying in outlands to gather two levels ahead of everyone else.

as for the other professions you've mentioned, there is no real difference which class you choose for what. but having a mage/lock/priest be a tailor would make more sense. alchemy and engineering can go with any class. Quote:

however, druids get flight form at level 68 i believe. so you'll be flying in outlands to gather two levels ahead of everyone else.

More importantly, flight form allows you to gather some things while still in form, and even if you have to drop form, getting back into flight form is an instant. I herb circles around my friends when I'm on my druid. I would suggest a pet class. Hunter as first choice, lock second.

Sure rogues can sneak in, but they have to unstealth to mine or pick.

With a pet, you can send the pet to occupy the mob (even more than one if you send the pet past the mobs to a distant one, he will train them all) while you grab the node and dash off. With a hunter you even get the advantage of AotB. (And if you put enough distance between you and pet, it despawns and you can re-summon him right to your side as needed.) Hunter no doubt. I also wanted to suggest a Hunter, for the very same reasons as Kodonn already pointed out.

Having a pet/minion to provide you with a 'decoy' can prove to be quite valuable - every time I do the dailies to gather mana cells in BEM, I use my void to distract the mana wyrm so that I can get the box, instead of having to fight the wyrm myself while an ally ninjas the box before I'm done. I reckon the same will count for a herb node - imagine fighting a mob that's roaming close by, and while you fight him some prick on an epic flyer drops from the sky, nicks the herb, and takes off.

Elsegundo mentioned a Druid's catform or Shaman's ghost wolf for their speed, well a Hunter's Aspect of the Cheetah makes up a little for their advantage. I'll also vote for Hunter/Lock for all the reasons mentioned above. The hunter, I didn't see anyone mention that they are not very gear dependent. I've got hunter and druid, and the druid is easier once flight form comes into play. Though yes, a pet is quite handy for that kind of thing.

As for the mana cells, every lvl 70 I've done that quest with except mage has some way of grabbing the cell while the wyrm is otherwise occupied. That quest seems to bring the worst out in people of either faction. I think the worst was the Tauren that was running in to grab the cell every time he saw me fighting. Kid you not, he'd run up next to me and spin in place looking for the cell. After the third time or so he either realized that I was grabbing the cell before fighting the wyrm, or he saw me do it, so he stopped bothering. prot pally works surprisingly well. Levels fast and you'll get into instance groups (great places for gathering up skinning mats at the lower end), and you don't have to pay for your first mount.

Source: i-love-witchcraft.blogspot.com