Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Friday 17 July 2009

Posted       Edit Entry
Magalys Word Preserves Cant Quit Witching Part Ii
In Sex and Dark Moon Magic: Can't Quit Witching, Part I, I told you that I've been blessed with a man who can brighten the gloomiest of my days, and who possesses the insight to help me through just about anything.

Yes, my Wicked Darlings, when my Piano Man and I get our heads-and other bits of our anatomy-together, magic happens. We've spent the last couple of weeks trying to come up with ways that would allow me to practice my witchery and preserve my sanity. You see, most Witches don't practice magic just because it is fun or because it feels natural, but because we "need" to. I, for instance, wouldn't know what to do with the excess energy if I had to quit witching.

First, a bit of background: I'm an Aries attracted to dark moon energy and to greenery. Fire and darkness are my closest allies. These two forces kind of balance each other out, but any fire child will tell you that there is no such thing as containing the heat within; not without it consuming you. The same goes for dark energy; holding it in can be scary, lonely and I won't even tell you about the uncanny dreams... When I was very young, my love for plants kept me focused and safe. They kept my mind occupied; there was just so much to learn.

Then the fires of puberty began to burn, and the dark moon planted seeds of mystery in my mind... I found temporary relief exploring woodlands and rivers, but it wasn't until I allowed the fire and the darkness to manifest their energy through storytelling and magic that I found an inner place I truly loved and wanted to keep. It happened by accident. I was in Beaufort, South Carolina, going through Marine Corps Basic Training when a friend wrote to me, and said "I wish you were here. My head is full of uglies. I tried one of your dark moon banishings, but it didn't work right. I can't do it like you."

My first thought was, "I can't believe you just wrote to whine while I'm in freaking Boot Camp!" Then I felt very guilty. My friend was not a whiner, so he had to have been going through something nasty. That night I wrote to him during free time-that is the time when you are "free "to iron your uniform, polish your boots, shave your hairy bits or write to your loved ones. It was not a regular letter. It was a banishing spell crafted as a story. My friend replied in a few of days. "It worked! I read it like you instructed, and I swear it felt like you were here next to me. Hot damn, it worked! I love your magical words. Must bottle this up and sell it!"

And that is how one of my dearest friends touched my mind with the idea of Magaly's Word Preserves: spells and rituals written as short stories, and then mailed out to where they are needed.

I won't share all the details of how they are prepared, but I will say that it involves getting information from the person in need, creating the story and charging it with energy.

The charging process needs to be done in a controlled area. Have you ever tried to "control" anything when you have a young child? If you have, you probably know it isn't easy. Nevertheless, you-and by "you", I mean "me"-can do anything when you have a creative lover, mirrors, patience, locks, a witchy imagination, bottles, crafty friends, paint... and a Cherry Blossom Shoji Screen.

We are still smoothing out the kinks, but I'm sure things will work well in the end. Not only that, but the challenge has become a learning experience for our family: I'm learning to accommodate my magic around the ones I love, my Piano Man is learning a whole lot about how magic works, and the Princess is learning about boundaries.

I'm happy; life is good and magic is happening!

Share



Origin: magick-keys.blogspot.com