Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Friday 11 April 2014

Posted       Edit Entry
Satanism And Neopaganism
From: tyagi@houskaos.abyss.com (Lorax)
To: private email
Subject: Re: Satanism/Neopaganism (Was Re: non pagan confused)

ky951008

I'd rather see a healthy comparison of views, followed by support for one's reasoning and assertions, than to let them go by without response.
I don't claim to know I am right. Therefore I don't require you to
change. However, if you go about making public statements, please
prepare for me to argue vehemently against what I tentatively presume to be false.

I'd like to know how much you know about its practice. I've kept
myself pretty ignorant of it so far, and I want to learn as much
as I can about what other people tell me first of all (especially
Neopagans
). Even so I've heard many reliable testimonies regarding
the ambiguity of some religions and their crossings, histories.

I find it fascinating to suspend my judgement and listen to the stories, especially when well-founded. I've heard Satanic Ritual Abuse Victims (so called) describe their knowledge of Satanists.

I've heard Jehovah's Witnesses and many other Christian sources explain to me (quite often in very different manners) what 'Satanism' meant.
Half the time they included Neopaganism and Hermetic and Masonic groups within a big batch of other horrible folx (sociopaths, like Manson, etc.)
and this is what they mean by 'Satanism'.

There are Neopagans who are convinced that organized Satanists are mass- murdering neighborhood pets, well-known ones, *AND MAKING THESE ASSERTIONS TO THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE VIA USENET*. This is serious business. Real people's lives are at stake. Careful critical scrutiny of such information must be exemplified if we are to avoid serious xenophobic religious tensions (in my Wicca-meter that smells 'H A R M').

...

Lorax
tyagi@houskaos.abyss.com