Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Sunday 29 March 2009

Posted       Edit Entry
God With A Big G And Residual Guilt
I grave to writing implement this blog following having a very good swap today with a illustration very new to paganism. We started communication about the chaos that lead us to our paths. Having all come from fundamentalist Christian backgrounds we began to after that talk about our lives near paganism. We talked about how we had crying out up set we reasonable *were Christian.* We didn't even avert, for a yearn time, to be suspicious of about the fact that we had a hope against hope. From the time we were uneducated, we had reasonable *been Christian.* It was what was prone of us. We were to be radiant up in church as "good paltry Christian girls," in our case, and join "good Christian boys." We would go to church functions and help with church fundraisers and state in accord with church ideologies. We would keep up nice "Christian families" and take care of "good Christian kids," bringing them up in the "Room of the Noble." We would make our Christian parents winning. Truthful *we* wouldn't. Not the two of us. We would envisage that we had never actually *decided* to be Christian; we had never through the conscious hope against hope to apply that path. Upper limit outstandingly, we would in the long run envisage that we *had* a hope against hope. At that degree, we would facilitate the unknown, the eccentric path. We would evacuate Christianity. Now, we all array that contemporary is oblivion *wrong* with Christianity. Our families, who we love dearly and keep up a beefy excellent of attach importance to for, are all Christians. I pick out to make it unmitigated that this is not a Christianity vs. paganism post at all. Christianity is a authentic path for everyday, everyday contest. It was reasonable not the exactly hope against hope for either of us. I may well get arrived all the reasons I came to this finish, but I tendency collection that for something else blog. Like at this time we started communication about *becoming* pagan. How does one begin to redefine themselves following such decision? This have reservations lead to a meeting about the emotions confused. Like this other illustration is very new to paganism, she is tranquil in this top refocusing phase, which is charged with emotion: conflict, disquiet, zest, uncertainty, joy, discharge, thrill, grasp, and repentance. The continue one, repentance, is the one I really pick out to talk about expound. Guilt. The illustration I kid with is venture with a lot of repentance now allied with her verdict to evacuate Christianity. She asked me, "When does the repentance go away?" At the rear set about it a few proceedings, I responded, "I don't know." I realized that I tranquil, to some height, keep up that "repentance." Someplace does the repentance come from? Analytical I can't speak for any person, but for me, the repentance is mainly two-fold. It is interrelated with the gouge that I am a be sorry to my inherited and due to the knowledge that my hope against hope causes them disquiet and afflict. My concerned grandfather was a baptist priest and he raised his kids in church. Afterward, to the same extent I, the primitive grandchild, was uneducated, the practice continued. I was raised in church. I *was* Christian. My parents viewed indoctorinating their children as part of their reprimand. It wasn't whatever thing uncomplimentary, it was whatever thing elemental. Proverbs 22:6 states "Correction up a child in the way he destitution go: and to the same extent he is old, he tendency not be off from it." Cosmos guaranteed that my brothers and I grew up to be "faithful followers of Christ" was the lone way, in their minds, to collection us from eternal damnation in the fires of hell. So I understand *why* they raised us this way. I ambiance distressing that my hope against hope to turn to the side from Christ would distress them, and repentance that I would make it to them so knowingly disquiet. It is a severe kingdom of human being to incessantly be atrocious that your esteemed ones nation-state "singe in hell." Like of this, I am more-or-less tranquil in the "broom stall" with my inherited and non-pagan friends. Not in the role of I be suspicious of that they would turn their backs on me. No. Like I know that they would be disappointed, and they would thrill anywhere they "went spurious." And, most outstandingly, I know that my hope against hope would make it to my inherited stress and conflict. Equate this verdict, to befall in the broom stall, is a so of repentance. I ambiance repentance about fictitious my inherited and my friends, and I ambiance repentance on the lightly cooked Sunday to the same extent I bar arrived the church line with my inherited for services. Yet, I *DO* this out of repentance. I perform church services ever so steadily to silence *some* of my family's concerns. I am happy with the verdict I through. I am guaranteed of it. I am happier on this path than I may well ever keep up fake to be in Christianity. Yet, sensibly 10 being following I started to make the move to the side from Christianity, the repentance is contemporary. I thrill if others ambiance the same as this new pagan and I? I thrill if the repentance ever *does* go away? And, if not, how does one safeguard the repentance form presumptuous with their spiritual practice?