Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Friday 14 January 2011

Posted       Edit Entry
I Might Not Believe In God But I Sure As Hell Believe In The Power Of Prayer Poetry
"To the guns of the firebase, a Psalm of deliverance."

Though we are not holy men, we hope for Earthly salvation found by your power.

Though we are not covenanted, we pray for your wrath against our enemies.

The maps of this place are the maps of our souls and mortal coils, lo:

We search them under red light for the answers we seek, wondering where we are.

And so we will search ourselves in the red of the morning in ten years, wondering where we go.

With a prayer whispered skywards in our time of need, forgetting the lessons of Israel,

We turn in our impatience to another:

Pilot, if you can hear me, I need your parabolic blessing.

I need the strength of your metal wings, and the grace of your kneeboard hymns.

I give you my offering, my infrared sacrifice on this altar of aluminum and steel.

But there is no answer, and in our shame and loathing we return

Reference: magic-and-spells.blogspot.com