Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Tuesday 19 July 2011

Posted       Edit Entry
Hi Thelema As I Was Pickin
Hi, Thelema.

As I was picking up my own path again last summer, I discovered a great book by Joyce and River Higginbotham called "Paganism: An Introduction to Earth-Centered Religion." It's by far the best introductory source I've encountered because it approaches the subject from a rational perspective. I know that description might not sound all that appealing, but it was important for me to fend off that artificial sense of "make-believe," which plagues a person if they haven't found an authentic foothold yet. Especially as an academic, I felt the need to ground myself in something that accounted for a broader set of philosophical ideas.

I'd also recommend Cunningham. The first book on the subject that I bought decades ago was Cunningham's "Wicca for the Solitary Practitioner." As I've been finding my path again as well, this has (for the second time) been a good resource that attempts to clarify, not mystify.