Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Thursday 24 November 2011

Posted       Edit Entry
Synchronicity

Dreams:

I was back in LA. I was networking and connecting. I saw a web, and thru the web there are vast interconnections, and I was in the web making those connections. Dreamt that I was in my script I am writing. Defined what I need to write today.

Philosophy:


Carl Jung has a book "synchronicity". The book describes the process of how symbolism and synchronicity works. Basically one thing I remember from the book is that I woman who is in deep pain is describing a dream about a raven-raven mean magick (they are magickal creatures from Arthurian myth) and suddenly a raven appears on the windowsill as she is describing the dream. She has a huge break-thru in healing. That is synchronicity-the raven was "her angel" comes to help her. To me, the study of symbolism and synchronicity is crucially important to magick. Synchronicity is part of HOW magick works. We simply "ignore" this. We do not see the "magick" all around us or the magick within us. It is like the movie, "The Color Purple", the color purple blooms all around us in flowers and we ignore it. Magick is like that, we are in my opinion guided each and everyday and we simply ignore the messages. Life is filled with synchronistic moments, especially if you are in tune with your dreams. The tarot is filled with symbolism, as are many other magickal tools. Learning to decode these symbols is part of magick. Learning to "tune in" to yourself and "tune in" to the small seeming minutiae of life is also about magick. Finally, there is wonder. We always knew how to tune in but we "lost it" when we grew up. We lost the wonder of a baby who can look at a flower for many hours, utterly enchanted. Tuning in is about finding wonder again-tuning in is also about "living in the moment".

Daily:


1) Tim (my significant other) just handed to me a group of web-sites to "interconnect" my site with other people on the web. Talk about synchronicity.

Spells:


Modification from Silver Ravenwolf-she used Lavender (I used Sleepytime tea)

"From my higher self I bid thee come from the deep rising river of my dreams-great winged thoughts of inspiration, knowledge, growth and learning. I welcome with the joy the symbols, vivid colors brought forth, up thru the depths of my mind and I will remember only those dreams that are significant. I will decode them with little difficulty upon waking by using the keyword (my keyword). So mote it be. "Drink the tea before going to bed.

Reference: pagan-wiccan.blogspot.com