Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Saturday 31 March 2012

Posted       Edit Entry
For The Maidens Among Us
Happy Spring to all here. Today, I would like to share what the talented Cari said about her family Ostara celebration. Excerpt: We invited balance into our bodies, our minds, our hearts, our spirits, our lives, our relationships and our world. This is not as easy as it sounds, to speak to each of these parts of ourselves and say aloud what we wish for. Yet seeds were planted in our souls as we invited balance to accompany us on our journey.

Do read the rest, see her photo and enjoy her art. You'll be glad you did.

Kore


Meanwhile, my soul-sister Hecate reminds us that We Have To Do More Than Pray, We Have to Follow Through. Enjoy that, then read her glorious essay on Kore The older that I get (and I am getting deliciously old), in some odd manner, the more that I look forward to Ostara. When I was v young, I was quite desperate to be thought older, experienced, sophisticated, wise. And the holidays that moved me were High Summer, and Lughnasadah, and Samhein. But now that I've lived a long time and figured out, well, a few things, I find myself quite predisposed to love maidens and to look forward to Ostara, when we all celebrate the energy of the Maiden, the Kore, the v young woman who is just OUT There. She goes further, not just celebrating but helping a young woman who needs her wisdom.

Thank you, ladies, for the inspiration.

Fire, ritual and Nowruz.

Lastly, I would like to share how these people celebrate the often-banned holiday of Nowruz, with fire, singing, dancing and hope. May they continue to live in peace with the various religions in their midst and may the women of this place know not just pride, but freedom.

Wishing the blessings and joy of spring to you and yours as we enter this new season.

Sia


This post is dedicated to S., a young woman I've had the pleasure of knowing through a volunteer group who is going on to bigger and better things. Bon chance! If I could buy stock in a person, I would always bet on you.

Art: Song of the Nile by L. Goddard

Sia@FullCircle