Spellbooks and Recipes

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Witch Library

Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.
Copyright © My Spiritual Path | Powered by Blogger
Design by Rachel | Blogger Theme by Lasantha - PremiumBloggerTemplates | Living with Magick

Tuesday 27 March 2012

Posted       Edit Entry
Paganism And Control
Hello all. Long time no post. I've been thinking about something. The idea of CONTROL in pagan religions. In this way, my two spiritual paths have become incompatible. As a Buddhist and someone that believes in a very accepting approach to life's circumstances, I pretty much stopped approaching magick in the same way. Aside from the fact that I no longer wish to try to control or even influence my circumstances, I also find it hard to believe that if dieties exist, that I'm in any position to tell them what to do. And yes, there are two very different approaches to magick when it comes to this. The school of appealing to the Gods and the school of demanding things of the Gods. I suppose that I am of the first scholarly variety. I've never been very demanding about magick and Diety. But I guess as my beliefs are evolving, I'm not finding very much reason to perform those types of spells at all. In fact, for a while I've only performed rituals in celebration of holidays and special occassions or as a physical way of praying. I don't think that at this point, I could ever perform any other kind of spell again. What I want to know from the community is your opinion on this. PAGANISM AND CONTROL: DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT SPELLWORK IS A MEANS OF TRYING TO CONTROL CIRCUMSTANCES AND OTHER PEOPLE? IF SO, HOW DO YOU JUSTIFY THIS? DO YOU EVER FEEL THAT PERHAPS THIS IS A MISGUIDED ATTEMPT AT A SOLUTION? ARE MOST PAGANS REALLY CONTROL FREAKS IN DISGUISE? WHAT ROLE DOES THE CONCEPT OF ACCEPTANCE PLAY IN YOUR LIFE IF YOU USE MAGICK TO CONTROL OR CHANGE SITUATIONS? I'm not asking this to offend anyone. I'm not even saying that I think that there is anything inherently wrong in dealing with situations in this way. I'm simply wondering what people think about this and why they choose to approach magick in this way. Thanks,~Lark~

Source: pagan-magic.blogspot.com